Dear Linda Moore,
We have done several works of this kind using anoxia bubbles as well as
vacuuing all the items from the collections to be transferred to the new
deposits with much success regarding preserving both collections and
deposits.
You may find further info @ www.expm.com.pt
Feel free to ask for any detailed information.
Kind regards,

2009/9/30 Linda Moore <lmo...@fcgov.com>

> This is a message from the Pest Management Database List.
> To post to this list send it as an email to pestlist@museumpests.net
> To unsubscribe please look at the footer of this email.
>

> I am the Collections Curator at the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery
> Science Center, where we are in the planning stage of a big move to a
> newly built building.  Our collections, which include a large clothing
> and textile collection, appear pretty clean right now as far as pests
> go, but a history of carpet beetle infestations makes me wary of moving
> old problems to this new facility.  I am trying to plan the most
> effective yet feasible method for insuring that we don't move pests with
> our collections.  What's best?  Spot checking and only addressing
> problems as they appear?  Freezing everything?  Having our pest
> management company bomb our current collections storage?
>
> If you have moved recently and dealt with this issue I'd love to get
> your advice!
>
> “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind;
> the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." Henry James
>
> Linda Moore
> Collections Curator
> Fort Collins Museum
> (970) 416-2784
> lmo...@fcgov.com

Rui Marto Fonseca
Gestor Produto / Product Manager
Tlm: 00351 917885010

EXPM, Desinfestacao e Higienizacao, Lda

Equipamentos e Servicos para Preservacao e Conservacao de Acervos /
Equipment & Services for the Preservation and Maintenance of Collections

ESCRITORIO / OFFICE: R. Prof. Dias Valente, n.32 - Edificio Copacabana, 4B -
2765-578 Estoril
Tel: 00351 214661910 / Fax: 00351 214661523
Email: rfons...@expm.com.pt

ARMAZEM / STOREHOUSE: R. Fonte da Carreira, 350 - Armazem 10 A - Mata Sete -
Manique de Baixo - 2645-467 Alcabideche
Tel: 00351 210936238