Anoxic treatment on a building is very possible. Grain silos were  purged
with nitrogen during the Second World War preventing food lose to  rodent and
insect populations.
Textiles from 1890's have changed color under Vikane,  off white to a
yellow white from the acids. Most companies will tell you  your Art is safe,
not
always true.

Bill
ACI

In a message dated 5/20/2010 3:10:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,