I agree with Tom but want to add to the subject of freezing furniture.  Of the
dozens of furniture conservators I know I’m unaware of any that recommend
freezing.  They prefer anoxia.  The complexity of issues of differences in
thermal expansion and contraction of disparate (and aged) materials that Tom
refers to are a major concern.  Add to that gilding, painted surfaces, modern
materials like PU foam and so many other concerns associated with trying to
control condensation buffering during the cycling below and above freezing and
it is just too risky to recommend generally.  There will be the odd ladder back
chair and simple chest that can get through it without noticeable trouble and I
think that encourages the continued perception in some quarters that furniture
freezing is safe.

Steve

Steven L. Pine
Decorative Arts Conservator