From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
Steve Sullivan
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:23 AM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: RE: [pestlist]

As a taxidermist, I've never used organic flours after the mount was
complete.  If it's for fur cleaning, I've used finely powdered borax.
Sometimes coarse borax is better, too, because too fine a product can
get stuck in oily dust and make a bigger mess.   The other benefit of
borax, of course, is additional bug-proofing without making a mount that
can't be handed safely.  I suspect diatomaceous earth might work as well
as fine borax or flour, though I can see some potential problems on the
microscopic scale.  I might give it a try next time I need to do a dry
cleaning myself.

--Steve