From: Pat Kelley [mailto:p.kel...@insectslimited.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 09:10 AM
To: 'pestlist@museumpests.net' <pestlist@museumpests.net>
Subject: RE: [pestlist] Plasma Field Treatment

Hi Cricket,

I will chime in on this since no one else has yet. I assume the lack of
response is due in part to the fact that this form of treatment is relatively
unconventional and not many people out there know much about it.

I will be the first to dispel the myth that freezing does not kill the eggs.
The research has been done on this and although different pests require
different temperatures, freezing certainly will kill all stages of life if done
quickly enough, cold enough and for a long enough time. All of that data is
available on museumpests.net

I will let conservators offer advice on the possible harm from a plasma field.
I understand that they are household materials, but it would still be good to
know if any research has been done with this technique. You are exposing the
materials to quite a few different scenarios between a heated argon gas and a
dielectric field.

Pat Kelley