Laura -
The standard work on British Booklice is New's Royal Entomological Society
Handbook (2005). You can find a reference to it and other literature (most
of which deals with free-living, rather than domestic species) at
http://www.brc.ac.uk/schemes/barkfly/literature.htm
Liposcelis can certainly do damage in a collection, feeding on insect
specimens, for example. They will attack a variety of materials as well as
mould. Starchy products are very attractive, so anything in the archives
with starch-based glue will be fair game for them. Generally, the amount of
damage is normally small, and associated mould growth is more likely to
cause long-term problems. If you can achieve relatively low humidity in the
archive stores, this will help.
Also note that increasing housekeeping could make the problem worse if it
involves damp cloths rather than vacuum cleaners.
Tony

Dr A.G.Irwin
47 The Avenues
Norwich