Blaise A Bourdin <bour...@lsu.edu> writes:

> Would it be possible to remove all instance of the "PARAMETER” keyword from
> the petsc source code? I would like to compile a FORTRAN IV boundary element
> program I wrote in 1963 for the structural analysis of 8 track cartridges.
> Also, where do I get a punch-card version of petsc source code? I cannot
> compile git on my IBM 7030.

Hey now.  These are _your_ people.  You're welcome to come hang out on the C
side. ;-)

I don't have a problem with making all PETSc Fortran use free form,
though it may cause significant work for some users.  For example, if
they use #include with fixed-form includes, the change would force them
to either change all their headers to free-form (thus the entire
project), change the headers to polyglot fixed/free, or to tear the
PETSc-related source out into source files that do not depend on the
headers.  I hope there are not many in this situation.