Thanks, Satish, fixes are now in next.

Best regards,
Karli

On 07/27/2017 09:52 AM, Satish Balay wrote:
There are a bunch of nightlybuild regressions with the GPU stuff - perhaps you
can take a look.

http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/nightlylogs/archive/2017/07/27/examples_next_arch-cuda-double_es.log

Satish

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Karl Rupp wrote:

Hi Jose,

We have detected another problem. Could you take care of it?
MatDuplicate() does not work for MATSEQAIJCUSPARSE (probably also for
MATMPIAIJCUSPARSE).
The attached example creates a matrix and duplicates it. There are two
cases:

1) With a diagonal matrix it fails on GPU because MatDuplicate() did not
copy the CUDA-specific data.

$ ./ex_duplicate -diag -mat_type aijcusparse -vec_type cuda

2) With a fully dense matrix (or any matrix where I-node routines are used),
it does not fail but operations are done on CPU instead of GPU (because it
changes the pointers to MatMult_SeqAIJ_Inode etc).

$ ./ex_duplicate -mat_type aijcusparse -vec_type cuda

ah, thanks for finding this and for providing code that reproduces the
problem. I'll take care of it.

Best regards,
Karli