From: Mark Adams [mailto:mfad...@lbl.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 12:43 AM
To: Mohammad Hassan <mhbagh...@mail.sjtu.edu.cn>
Cc: Matthew Knepley <knep...@gmail.com>; PETSc users list
<petsc-users@mcs.anl.gov>
Subject: Re: [petsc-users] DMPlex Distribution

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:07 PM Mohammad Hassan via petsc-users
<petsc-users@mcs.anl.gov <mailto:petsc-users@mcs.anl.gov> > wrote:

Thanks for suggestion. I am going to use a block-based amr. I think I need to
know exactly the mesh distribution of blocks across different processors for
implementation of amr.

And as a general question, can we set block size of vector on each rank?

I don't understand what you mean by AMR in this context exactly. And I'm not
sure what you mean by blocks size. Block size is the number of dof per vertex
(eg, 3) and it is a constant for a vector.

Thanks

Amir