Please respond to the list. The mpd parameter means "maximum projected dimension". You can think of the projected problem as the "sequential" part of the computation, that is not parallelized ("small" dense eigenproblem). When you run with
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Please respond to the list.

The mpd parameter means "maximum projected dimension". You can think of the projected problem as the "sequential" part of the computation, that is not parallelized ("small" dense eigenproblem). When you run with MPI, everything will scale reasonably well except that part, so it is better to keep it small, specially when you request many eigenvalues. A value mpd=2000 might be too large, it may be better to reduce it to 500, say. The paper https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2010.09.007__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!aXJHpy74c0T8xbG9sb7hnBhdH3u-pXrWV3MdGl-kVmNSXkL7ZD9Ox7HGC6fbrAUCChmQwPE-_4lobvIUfmeLfLri$ includes a discussion on the ncv and mpd paramters, mostly in terms of memory usage.

Jose