Hi,

We have been working with OpenFOAM (an open-source CFD software) which can
transfer its matrices to PETSc to use its linear solvers. This has been tested
and is working well on OCLF's Frontier machine. Next we are trying to use the
Kokkos backend to run it on Frontier GPUs. While the OpenFOAM+PETSc+Kokkos
environment built correctly on Frontier using the modules sourced (attached
file bash_petsc4foam_gpu) and configuring PETSc correctly (attached file
config_gpu), the GPU solve seems to take more time than the CPU solve.

The PETSc run-time options we are using are attached to this email (file
fvSolution_petsc_pKok_Uof). Could you please take a look  and let us know if
this combination of options is fine? In this approach we are trying to solve
the pressure equation only on the GPUs.

Thanks,
Arpan

Arpan Sircar