I'm trying to experiment with some overload rules and I am getting a strange error I have no seen before.

# pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
pfctl: warning: namespace collision with <smtp_abusers> global table.

# grep smtp_a pf.conf

table <smtp_abusers> persist
pass in quick proto tcp from <smtp_abusers> to any port 25 modulate state (max-src-conn-rate 1/60, max-src-conn 1) queue (hotspots, ack) label "SMTP Abusers" pass in quick proto tcp from <limited> to any port 25 modulate state (max-src-conn-rate 4/60, overload <smtp_abusers>) queue (limited, ack) label "Limited SMTP" pass in quick proto tcp from <customers> to any port 25 modulate state (max-src-conn-rate 6/60, overload <smtp_abusers>) queue (customers, ack) label "Customer SMTP"

I've tried all sorts of combinations of killing the table, renaming the table, flushing everything or not, and it just keeps coming back with that namespace error. My first reaction is that I've obviously missed a table declaration somewhere, but I cannot find it for the life of me, and grep corroborates. Anybody have an insight as to why this might be occurring? I've used overload tables before without this happening so I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what.

Kelley Reynolds
President
Inside Systems, Inc.