On 2007/12/19 16:11, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:

> So, I need to benchmark the FW with little size packets. The question is
> ¿Is there any tool which generates small packets traffic to benchmark the
> network performance as iperf or netperf does?

iperf can do this with a command-line option. Try netblast (from the
netrate package) if you want packets sent quickly without controls on
the rate (it just sends them as fast as it can).

The other parts of netrate allow more control over the packet rates,
but don't work too well with normal kernel HZ values.