in putting together a rule set, I'm going to have a number of instances of
variable definitions such as the following:

foonets = "{ 10.0.0.0/24,
             10.0.1.0/24,
             10.0.2.0/24 }"

I'd really like to be able to comment these in line, e.g.

foonets = "{ 10.0.0.0/24, # subnet blah
             10.0.1.0/24, # important stuff
             10.0.2.0/24  # don't forget
          }"

however, the parser does not currently support this. Is there any way to
accomplish this type of commenting or achieve a similar documentation
without using inline comments?

If not, any thoughts on implementing some type of inline comment?
allowing the above syntax? Or perhaps C style?

foonets = "{ 10.0.0.0/24 /* subnet blah */,
             10.0.1.0/24 /* important stuff */,
             10.0.2.0/24 /* don't forget */
          }"

I don't really want to have a comment before the variable definition, as
there will be anywhere from dozens to hundreds of subnets.

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 869-3781  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]