Ok...  Here's how they do it...

User has a modem, connects to ISP.. get's IP of 1.2.3.4

User loads Sat Program to use the Sat's downstream.

Sat program logs into DirectPC's "network" with their (the users) site ID

Direct PC then sends an IP Address to the sat recvr, the sat recvr tells the
users computer:
   Hey, They just gave me the IP of 7.3.5.6

Sat program now controls user's TCP/IP stack...

User goes to www.blah.com  the TCP Session will look something like:

7.3.5.6 -> SYN -> www.blah.com  (using modem)
www.blah.com -> ACK -> 7.3.5.6   (using sat)
7.3.5.6 -> SYN-ACK -> www.blah.com  (using modem)
7.3.5.6 -> [data packet of get] -> www.blah.com  (using modem)
www.blah.com -> [data packet value of get request -> 7.3.5.6  (using sat)

Just a normal, basic TCP session (steps might be wrong, it's late and I'm
going off memory)

Now, keeping in mind this is a one way customer, meaning they use the ISP
for the upstream, and sat network for their downstream. (aka async route
because w/ the upstream route differs from the downstream route of the
packets)

With that laid out... The sat program (which controls the users TCP/IP
stack), sends out all TCP/IP packets with the source address of 7.3.5.6 out
of the users modem interface, which has the IP Address of 1.2.3.4

So...

if 1.2.3.0/24 is your network.. and in your firewall, you have the following
statements:

===============================
block in  inet  from any  to any
block out inet  from any  to any
pass in   on if0 inet  from { 1.2.3.0/24 } to any keep state
pass out  on if0 inet  from any to { 1.2.3.0/24 } keep state
which will keep spoofed IP addresses from leaving your network and entering
your network.

So, since 7.3.5.6 isn't in your network, it get's the default of block....

If the user wants to use their sat connection, you have to do one of two
things.
1) know their IP Addresses that they give to their users.
2)  don't block spoofed packets and hope a hacker dosn't take over one of
your customers machines/servers and turn it into a zombe...

Does everyone understand how those one way sat connections works now?