Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Daniel Hartmeier:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 06:12:09PM +0100, Henning Brauer wrote:
>
> > I think it's useless. you can simply use N rules for N hosts.
>
> Rule evaluation is O(n), at least for a huge block of rules that are
> equal except for their addresses, while lookups in patricia trees are
> O(log n)...

if i'm not mistaken n is the address length there...
so, regardless of the number of addresses in the set it's still
a constant for each address family...

cu

--
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)