Hi!

I'm running a box for testing and like to limit outgoing traffic on my
DSL line.
My setup looks like this:

altq on foo0 cbq bandwidth 10Mb queue { std, test}
queue std bandwidth 100% cbq (default borrow)
queue test bandwidth 6Kb cbq (red)

pass out quick on foo0 proto tcp from any to 1.2.3.4 \
  keep state queue test

When transfering data to 1.2.3.4 I see burst of around 140kB in tcpdump
and then no traffic for some time.
Overall when transfering the speed won't go below ~35kbyte/s.
I've played around with qlimit and cbrsize but it didn't help.

Is there any way to limit the speed to 6kB/s?
Is there a way to define custom queue sizes with altq/pf just like altq
itself allows?
And last but not least: Is there a altqstat like program?

Thanks, Hendrik

--
Hendrik Scholz - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://raisdorf.net/

drag me, drop me - treat me like an object