On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 16:37, Daniel Hartmeier wrote:
> Try with just the altq, queue and pass rules from the example. Reload
> the ruleset and flush all existing state entries (pfctl -Fs), as only
> newly established connections will be queued according to the new
> ruleset. Then try a single download and upload over TCP (ftp, http,
> etc.) concurrently.
>
> If that works, you can try the same with your real ruleset, I'd only add
> the queue (q_def, q_pri) to the pass rules on the external interface,
> and make sure you're adding it to all of them that create the TCP
> connections.

I wish I could figure out what happened.  I did what you suggested, it
worked.  I added back my other rules, it worked.  So far as I can tell,
it was simply a matter of clearing the state table.  Odd.

I forgot to mention, I'm running -snapshot from 3/2/03.  It doesn't look
like what happened to me was caused by any bugs (that Henning has
mentioned in the meantime), but I'm curious... were any of those bugs
fixed after my snapshot?

Thanks,
-J.

P.S.  Here are my stats:

(250Kb)
queue q_pri priority 7
[ pkts:      38789  bytes:    2594742  dropped pkts:      0 bytes:
0 ]
[ qlength:   0/ 50 ]
queue q_def priq( default )
[ pkts:      20680  bytes:   27243052  dropped pkts:      0 bytes:
0 ]
[ qlength:   0/ 50 ]