On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Andrew Green wrote:

> I posted this same issue in April; I'm surprised you didn't see my message.

Up until yesterday, I just read the archive as I didn't think my limited
experience with PF implied I had all that much to contribute.

My slipup. When I saw your message of 4th May. I saw two others with GRE
in the title so I only cross referenced them.  I'll be more thorough next
time and acknowledge all sources.  Sorry.

> After no responses here, two other fellows and I exchanged mail
> concerning this issue.
>
> Keith McDuffee followed up with us reporting the following:
>
> /> Supposedly this was "fixed" in a very recent patch to "pf.c" (Note
> version 1.328.2.1):
>  >
>  > http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/net/pf.c /
>
> Afterwards it was confirmed that this patch solved the problem.

Wonderful.

With OpenBSD being so much more better quality than a lot of the vendor
proprietary systems, I have gotten complacent. This is the first time I
have had to load anything other than errata with OpenBSD since about 2.5.
I have to relearn web-based CVS everytime.  I must be getting old.  I'll
have to get into the habit more.

> Fix a bug that prevents rdr/binat (but not nat) from working for protocols
> other than TCP, UDP and ICMP (for instance GRE).

That would have ramifications for ESP and AH as well.  Serious.

> I cannot verify this myself as I changed jobs.

Cool - will do.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 22/8 Campbell St, Artarmon NSW 2064
Ph:+61-2-99063377 .. Fx:+61-2-99063468   | unsolicited email not wanted here !
Views and opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer