On Thursday, Jun 19, 2003, at 06:30 US/Pacific, Elijah Savage wrote:

I tried to setup queing based on the faq and website. But I just can't
get it to work. Downloading is great but as soon as I start to upload my
speed drops way down to about the same speed as the upload. I have
played around with the queue statements and bandwidth settings but no
luck. I am on adsl link of 1.5down/768 up, using different ftp sites to
test throughput it seems I get about 1330down/605up. Maybe I have my
rules out of place or something I am at a lost.

Use pfctl -vvsq and watch the packet counts, to make sure traffic is actually ending up in the right queues.

pass in on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to $ext_if port $tcp_services
flags S/SA keep state

This rule should be marked "queue(q_def, q_pri)".

pass in  on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $ext_if flags S/SA keep state
queue (q_def, q_pri)

You probably don't want this one, since you have the more-selective rule above.