Hi,

thanks for the answers I've received to this.

Dom De Vitto wrote:

This is because most switches are not security oriented and should be
considered dumb hubs on all ports, all vlans. If anyone says this isn't
so I'll beat them with enough references to flood a STM64...

I think that was kinda what he was talking about, since a switch could
leak packets to the wrong interface the machine could get confused. But
this still sounds wrong to me (and apparently to everybody else here)
because the bridge would never actually see the frame arriving on the
wrong interface and the routing code that deals with packets on the
management interface wouldn't care about the bridge table (right?).

Anyway, since you all agree that this is unlikely/impossible to cause a
problem I think I'll take my chances with it.

Thanks again,

Marc