Damien Miller wrote:
I believe the fastest appliance out there currently is the Cisco PIX535,
coming in at a max of 1.7gb/s, but the other firewall appliances around
are waaaaay behind that and are well sub-1gb/s.
Nokia IP1260 w/FW-1 quotes 4.2Gbps
NetScreen 5400 quotes 12Gbps
You can find even greater marketing values. For example the Cisco Firewall Services Module (a PIX, inserted into a 6k5 switch) offers up to 20 Gbps, but you may achieve even more than that with Juniper Networks T640 with the integrated IP filter.

I guess it's not stateful, but has interesting features, from which the 770 Mpps forwarding rate sounds promising :)

And it runs BSD.

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 210 1415/127