Bryan Irvine said:

> Absolutely you need a pass.  the block/pass is part of the firwalling
> section of pf, the rdr is part of the nat functionality.  So using rdr
> in conjuction with block all won't work unless you explicitly pass that
> traffic as well.  Clear as mud?  :-)

OK - I see that firewalling must support the NAT/rdr's. But why won't this rule work
without benefit of the redirect? It appears all the required info is there - the
spamd table tells the rule which IPs are affected, and where they go in event of a
match.

pass in on $ExtIF inet proto tcp from <spamd> to 127.0.0.1 port 8025 \
     flags S/SA keep state

Thanks,
Jay

--
mis·cel·la·ne·ous adjective
Abbr. misc.

1.Made up of a variety of parts or ingredients.
2.Having a variety of characteristics, abilities, or appearances.
3.Concerned with diverse subjects or aspects.

[From Latin miscellaneus, from miscellus, mixed, from miscere, to mix.]