[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Bob, I have a question about your post. I am already queueing the
> outgoing packets via:
> pass out on $ext_if inet proto { udp tcp } from ($ext_if) to any port
> {27000:27020 } keep state queue(cs_out)
> and it works fine. I am then able to throttle the regular outgoing
> bandwidth way back and still allow some for counterstrike through the
> separate queue. Could you please explain a little on how your solution
> improves on this? I already have a queue for the outgoing cs traffic
> and the way you split it confuses me a little.

I thought the problem was that you needed to limit incoming traffic as
well as outgoing traffic.

You need to have rules for the internal interface too, if you want to
limit the rate at which local machines download incoming packets.

The outgoing (external interface) rule will be very similar to yours,
yes. But you also need the incoming (internal interface) rule to limit
incoming traffic speeds.
--
Bob