Hi,

It's been said on this list before that you can't
queue inbound traffic, say from a lower bandwidth
link to the net, effectively on a host that is multi-homed.
The solution has always been to do QOS on another
2-port box between the multi-homed host and the net.

It occurs to me that I should be able to create
a loopback device and use a pf filter rule
with "route-to" to deliver all inbound traffic to the
the loopback device.  I could then
queue on the loopback device.

Is there any reason I should not pursue this?
Am I missing something here?  Seems to me like
this would be completely transparent, except
that you'd lose all tags routed through the loopback.
But that should be easy to fix by tagging
the output of the loopback rather than the
output of the Internet NIC, as route-to return
traffic would not go through the loopback.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein