Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
Elijah Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

#pass traffic from the net to internal host
pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $www_mail port 25 flags S/SA synproxy
state
pass in on $ext_if proto tcp from any to $www_mail port $web_ports flags S/SA
synproxy state

hm. looks like you may have copied my incomplete tutorial rule set.
You either need to pass on $prv_if as well or say simply

 pass proto tcp from any to $www_mail port 25 flags S/SA synproxy state
 pass proto tcp from any to $www_mail port $web_ports flags S/SA synproxy state

I probably should update that part of the tutorial.

Peter I actually have not seen your tutorial but I will try to google read it, I actually took this from my 3.6 box which obviously I need to revist the pf.conf I copied off of it because I definitely did not get all the pieces I needed copied over. The old file was so huge and a lot of stuff was not needed so I was going to start fresh with the basic services then build up to get more secure.

Thank you Peter.