Elijah Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Peter I actually have not seen your tutorial

I'm a bit relieved it was not my fault (however unlikely).

Under any circumstances in my tute I try to stress ruleset keeping the
rules as readable as possible as a way to keeping the configuration
maintainable.

> The old file was so huge and a lot of stuff was not needed so I was
> going to start fresh with the basic services then build up to get more
> secure.

Things tend to accumulate, and some times it's easier to just start
over.  Best of luck with your rebuild!

PS  a minimally updated tutorial is up at the usual spot
    (http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/ - Norwegians will have to wait a
    bit more)