On Tue, 02 May 2006 09:15:17 +0200, jared r r spiegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:

>   just to be clear, you're definately not confusing b with B, right?
>
>   eg, when altq/cbq is 4Mb, 'pfctl -vvsq' is saying Kb/s and not Mb/s =
?

>   not to say it is the cause, but in the case of testing/debugging cbq=
,
>   i'd suggest tossing the priority lines.  let them all rock the defau=
lt  =

> of '1'.

Yes, it's Kb (kilobits). I was extra careful with that. I also tested  =

everything
with priority 1, and w/o setting the priority explicitely at all, both i=
cbq and altq cases. I haven't tried hfsc yet.

In my case, as soon as allowed bandwidth for ftp "cuts" into what  =

transfers I can
normaly achieve without queuing (or pf enabled), it all stalls.

> (cut)
>   and then do a 'nc -l 9999 < /dev/zero' on the test-host, and 'nc  =

> $TESTHOST 9999 > /dev/null'
>   from another machine on the LAN,  i see (take note of the bytecount =
to  =

> tell you how long
>   it ran) :
> (cut)

Thanks for suggestions. I'll try testing with netcat, in addition to  =

different
nics and maybe testing within single host as well, on two loopback  =

interfaces.
In a few days though (long weekend here now, heh).

-- =

nAoQzo(at)zDiFu.iFnfSo (remove big letters)