I'm a newbie at networking and I've been reading "Building Firewalls
with OpenBSD and PF" and a couple of other resources. I have a pdf of
how I'm thinking about setting up my home network.

http://tyson.homeunix.org/net.pdf

Page 2 gives the policies/functionality I would like to have. I want
the system to be secure but I would also like to be able to admin the
system from the outside.

I can't decide if it would be best for the firewall to be transparant
or not. Also, the admin computer listed isn't absolutely necessary but
I thought it might be a good way to help me admin the system from the
outside.

Also, I'm still looking into learning how to use the Linksys WRT54G in
"bridge mode." As I understand it, I will need to do this.

I would appreciate any input on this idea.

Thanks
--
Terry
http://tyson.homeunix.org