Bonjour monsieur Arnaud,

I found the problem. I configured my notebook as a bridge and plugged it
between the firewall and the cable modem. then capturing packets on the working
"old state", with only one ISP, then with the route to.

after long time comparing them, I took a closer look on to the MAC addresses of
the outgoing packets, then I saw it. with the route-to option the outgoing
packets had taken the MAC address of the physical interface, instead of the
carp interface.

therefore changing my rout-to rule from:
pass in log on $dmz_dev route-to ( $cable_dev $cable_gate ) from $dmz net to
any keep state

change to:
pass in log on $dmz_dev route-to ( $cable_if $cable_gate ) from $dmz net to any
keep state

where $dmz_dev is the physical external interface, $cable_if is the external
carp interface.

thank you very much.

kind regards
Sebastian