On 2006/12/13 17:44, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2006/12/13 15:44, Albert Shih wrote:
> > How can I translate this ipfw rule
> >     ipfw add permit from any to any establisd
> > into pf rule ?
>
> Assuming the established session setup was allowed by a 'keep state'
> rule, you don't do anything, it's done by default.

[clarification]:

'permit from any to any established' on ipfw passes packets with
ACK or RST and is used on non-stateful firewalls to permit packets
which are part of an active connection. Direct equivalent I think
would be to have two pass rules for R/R and A/A, but it would be
unusual to do this in PF without extraordinary circumstances.