On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Sylwester S. Biernacki wrote:

On Wednesday, December 13, 2006, at 15:59:02, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

OpenBSD has ifstated, which is pretty simple to configure
state engine.

it's true, but it's unusable here - if machine get 100% cpu load it
won't put down their interface. Also if you use load balancer almost
everytime you have 2 or more servers in server farm behind load
balancer so you don't connect load balancer to servers in server farm
via cross-over cable ;P

IMHO the solution for such config is not to use OSI Layer 1 and 2, but
3 & 4 :)

Yep, and writing something to do those checks (or just grabbing a bunch of existing tools, like maybe Nagios' check_http plugin) would be easy.

My question re: pfsense is what kind of API is there (if any) to twiddle config values from the command line? I'm only speaking of items that are already visible in the web interface...

Thanks,

Charles

--
Sylwester S. Biernacki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
X-NET, http://www.xnet.com.pl/