Hey Sylvester:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Sylwester S. Biernacki
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:21 PM
To: pf@benzedrine.cx
Subject: Re: PF - Removing Server from Pool when Service is Down

On Tuesday, December 12, 2006, at 19:31:31, Michael K. Smith - Adhost
wrote:

> Hello All:

> We are using PF on FreeBSD to Round-Robin across multiple mail
servers.
> We would like to be able to remove a server from the round-robin pool
> based upon its application state *and/or* its physical state.  So, if
> server x is down, or not responding on port 25, it's removed from the
> round-robin table automatically and then put back in the table when
> service is restored.

> I'm comfortable with the pfctl syntax to perform these tasks but I'm
> wondering if there are tools to automate the process.  Any help would
be
> greatly appreciated.

I will tell you exactly the same as Daniel wrote to me when I asked
for it: what for? shell scripts+pfctl is good enough ;-)

anyway, if you find anything worthing look at it, please let me know
;)

--

I think that's the route we're going to take.  I'm thinking about
writing a listener on all of the servers in the pool that report to a

If anyone wants a copy of the scripts just let me know and I'll send
them individually or as an announcement to the list if there's enough
interest.

Regards,

Mike