On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:29:51PM +0200, Dominik Zalewski wrote:
> On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:04, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> > Dominik Zalewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > I have OpenBSD 4.0 firewall and I would like to redirect all outgoing
> > > http requests to my squid web proxy.
> >
> > Daniel Hartmeier wrote about this a while back, his article can be found at
> > http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html
>
> In this article squid is running on the same machine as OpenBSD firewall. In
> my case I have squid running on different machine connected to LAN interface.
> My question is can redirect traffic on $int_if to another machine connected
> to the same interface? Does this rule is corrrect ?
>
> rdr pass on $int_if proto tcp from any to any port 80 -> $squid port 8080
>
> pfctl doesnt complain about nothing but its simply doesnt work.

This is reflecting a connection back to the same interface
The squid proxy tries to reply to the sender, bypassing the firewall.
The sender resets the connection since it did not send a packet to
the proxy in the first place.

This is all discussed in the pf guide:

  http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/rdr.html#reflect

with different ways to solve it.