Bob DeBolt wrote:
Hi Federico Giannici

Posting you pf.conf will be of considerable benefit
when attempting to seek help for something that has the complexity you
are currently dealing with.

Additionally, the type connection you have, i.e. DSL, cable etc. as the
variations each of these has throughout the day will skew the appearance
of your results etc.

We have a 6Mb connection (made with 3 2Mb ATM connections in IMA).

Supplying your complete pf.conf correctly commented with what you are
wanting each rule and queue to accomplish is a good place to start.

Our pf.conf file is quite long and complex (actually it is made of 3 different files included with anchors).

Anyway, at this point, I'm only making a THEORETICAL question, to see if it can explain the bad behaviour I'm seeing.

It's better explined with and example:
Both users A and B have an assigned bandwidth of 1 bps.
User A currently requires 4 bps.
User B currently requires 100 bps.
There are currently available 10 bps.

I'd like that the 10 bps would be equally distributed to both users (as they have the same assigned bandwidth), so both had 5 bps. User A uses 4 bps and leaves 1 bps to user B that so uses 6 bps.

Indeed it seems that, as user B requires 25 times more bandwidth of user A, then it is assigned almost ALL bandwidth, and user A is not able to use more then it's committed 1 bps, and so 3 out of 4 bits are dropped!

Is this true?

Thanks.

    __
   |-                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]