From: "Robert" <rob...@openbsd.pap.st>
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 15:39:48 +0200
"Helmut Schneider" <jumpe...@gmx.de> wrote:

From: "Robert" <rob...@openbsd.pap.st>
"Helmut Schneider" <jumpe...@gmx.de> wrote:
My proxy has one single GB interface and is connected to the
internet using a E3-line (34Mb). I want to shape http traffic to
5Mb/s. How?

Something like:

altq on $extIF cbq bandwidth 100% queue { default, http_traf }
queue default bandwidth 100% cbq(default borrow)
queue http_traf bandwidth 5Mb cbq(borrow)

What is the correct syntax?

Thanks, Helmut

This is explained (with an example you can adapt) in the PF FAQ.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/queueing.html

No, it's not. The FAQ talks about two interfaces, I only do have one
single interface. I also did not find an example where the default
queue may use 100% percent and HTTP may use lets say 5Mb from that
amount.

If I'm wrong please point me to the specific location.

Doesn't this section explain how to do it?
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/queueing.html#assign

Well, if then I do not understand it. The section states:

altq on fxp0 cbq bandwidth 2Mb queue { std, ftp }
queue std bandwidth 500Kb cbq(default)
queue ftp bandwidth 1.5Mb

What I want to do is to assign the default queue the whole bandwith (100%) and let e.g. http borrow 5Mb. As I do not know the connection speed (might be 1GB or 100Mb within the local LAN, but might also be 34Mb for the internet) I guess I need to mix absolute values and percentages which I currently fail to implement.

What I tried:

altq on $extIF cbq bandwidth 100% queue { default, http_traf }
queue default bandwidth 100% cbq(default borrow)
queue [default_]http_traf bandwidth 5Mb cbq(borrow)

which does not work:

# pfctl -nf /etc/pf.conf
pfctl: the sum of the child bandwidth higher than parent "root_bge1"
#