I think that this is very hard to tell unless you have all possible
cases in your mind. Even in this specific scenario (returning
different number of rows), which are all the possible reasons for it
to happen? In other words, are we totally positive that, when a
different number of (affected) rows is returned, we ALWAYS have an
out-of-sync situation?

Hi Tatsuo and Jaume,

Does PGPool handle all queries in the same order on every node? If so, I do not think there can be any legal reason for the number of rows to be different.

Question: Could it be that a failover was triggered for a different number of rows in a previous version? We were under the impression that this was the behaviour.

Thanks for your help,
Ger.