Hi!

Please explain me:
Can user choose its locale while fetching data from postgresql (6.5)?
What I mean:

I have PGSQL in multiuser environment. As ususal in russia some users prefer
KOI8-R but other prefer CP-1251 code pages... :-(
Sounds good to make SET CODEPAGE='...' operator to change PGSQL senntings by
user at each user session. Is it possible? How?

Can user change locale dynamically overriding environment settings?
It will be useful for tables depending on language. For example I have tables
ru_table and ge_table and should make query like:
"select * from {$lang}_table"
but in this case I should say something like:
"set locale=$locale{$lang}"
before! Is it possible? How?

All users comes from same host and same IP address... (www-server).
Hmmm.. I can use some different ips for postgres on its host. Is it helpful?

SKiller
Sergei Keler
WebMaster of "ComSet"
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]