On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Mike Edwards wrote:

> I am using PostgreSQL with PHP/Apache.  PHP connects to Postgres as
> Linux user "nobody" (the user running the Apache daemon) unless a
> username and password is explicitly supplied.  But I would like to let
> user "nobody" connect to a database not owned by "nobody".

Connection to databases is not governed by the ownership of the database
but rather by the file pg_hba.conf in your data directory. The file is
sufficiently self-explanatory so I suggest you take a look. (You'll see
what I mean with that.)

> can I restrict access with read-write vs. read-only privledges?

Read and write privileges are done on a per table basis via grant and
revoke. See manual entries.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   75262 Uppsala