Check out the GRANT command in postgres; you'll want to do something like:

CREATE USER nobody WITH PASSWORD <whatever>;

GRANT SELECT ON <tablename1>,<tablename2> TO nobody;

However, I like to use suExec under apache to have things run by a
different user; that offers somewhat more security.  I have scripts that
need, for example, access to our departmental database run as 'dtwww' (a
user without a shell), and use the above to create the user not as nobody
but as dtwww.

hope this helps.

Andrew J. Perrin - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199