Ok. sorry to confuse everyone...I got my restore to fun to completion so apparently my question about running restores in psql and the ordering of the data are not relevant.
I do, however, have one other question I'd like to pose.
I am getting serveral ref integrity errors which state that a FK value in one table does not exist in its parent table. However, when I go to the database to confirm this I can find no data that violates the constraint. Could the error be pointing to something less obvious?
Thanks in advance for any assistance that might come my way :-)
Jodi
--

Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator