Stefan Holzheu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Well, I never used a packet sniffer but if anyone tells me what to
> capture, I'd be glad to.

Since we don't know where exactly in the table the error occurs, I think
you'll just have to capture the whole connection traffic between pg_dump
and the backend.  You could help keep it to a reasonable size by doing a
selective dump of just one table, viz "pg_dump -t tablename dbname",
although I guess you might have to try a few times to reproduce the
error that way ...

                        regards, tom lane

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster