Stefan Holzheu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> [ pg_dump shows data corruption over local socket but not TCP ]

That is really odd.

> Anyway, we can live with that solution. But still I'd be curious to know
> what is the problem with local connections. Is there a way to capture
> traffic of local socket connections?

No, not that I know of.  You could modify libpq to dump everything it
receives from the socket to a log file, and then compare the results
from local socket and TCP cases.

The whole thing is bizarre though.  AFAICS it must represent a kernel
bug.  What is your platform exactly?

                        regards, tom lane

               http://archives.postgresql.org