Tena Sakai wrote:
I got it to work by emulating what you wrote.
But I think you meant -A, not -At below.
psql -c "select name,setting from pg_settings limit 1" -d postgres -At
-F $'\t'

You had -t in your original to turn off the display of column names and the counts at the end, and -A is the shortcut for what you had as "-P 'format=unaligned'". I throw "-At" into almost every use of psql from a bash script I do, that's the usual combination that gets the basic format to be right; then tweak things like the field separator afterwards.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us