I've heard that rubyrep (http://www.rubyrep.org) is a good tool for replication too. I think it has gained popularity because of its ease of use. On a similar note I am eager to try postgreSQl 9.0 bulit in hot standby solution.I can't really wait till Postgersql rolls out replicated solution which can also be used for a failover.

Dinesh