On 06/06/2018 11:22 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
Yeah, somebody else made a similar point upthread.  I guess we felt that
the proper procedure was obvious given the structure, but maybe not.
I could support adding text to clarify this, perhaps along the line of

Hmm ... actually, there's another special case that's not discussed,
which is what happens if a committee or core member wants to file a
complaint against someone else?  They certainly shouldn't get to rule
on their own complaint.  So maybe change "complaint against" to
"complaint by or against" in my proposed addition, and then we're good.

Well that is a standard conflict of interest issue. Having simple language that says something such as:

A Member involved in complaints may not vote/rule on issues reported by the respective member.

JD

                        regards, tom lane

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****