On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, Melvin Davidson wrote:

Yes, you must drop then add the revised constraint. However, from your
statement above, it sounds to me as if you would be better off using A
FOREIGN kEY CONSTRAINT. It makes things a lot simpler.

Melvin,

  I don't follow. Here's the DDL for that column:

industry varchar(24) NOT NULL
    CONSTRAINT invalid_industry
    CHECK (industry in ('Agriculture', 'Business, other', 'Chemicals',
    'Energy', 'Law', 'Manufacturing', 'Mining', 'Municipalities',
    'Ports/Marine Services', 'Transportation')),

and I want to remove Municipalities for the more general Government.

Regards,

Rich