On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 5:53 PM hector vass <hector.v...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure you need to use array why not simple table joins, so a table with
> your criteria x y z t joined to stuff to give you candidates that do match,
> then left join with coalesce to add the 'd'
>
> select
>
> --a.id,b.test_id,
>
> coalesce(a.id,b.test_id) as finalresult
>
> from test a
>
> left join (
>
> select
>
> test_id
>
> from stuff a
>
> inner join (values ('x'),('y'),('z'),('t')) b (v) using(v)
>
> group by 1
>
> )b on(a.id=b.test_id);

Hi Hector. Hopefully this is not a stupid question...

How is that equivalent from the `NOT ARRAY ... <@ ...` though?
The inner-join-distinct above will return test_id's on any match, but you
can't know if all array values are matches. Which is different from

> Is the first array contained by the second

from the <@ operator, no?
I'm unfamiliar with these operators, so am I missing something?
Just trying to understand the logic here. Thanks, --DD