On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Josh Harrison wrote:

Thanks.
Actually Im currently testing "oracle to postgres migration" with a small dataset. I haven't started working with the real dataset. I wanted to check with a small dataset before I start with the big one. I know the records that I deleted from the pg_class file. so what do i do next? Will it help if I drop the problematic tables and recreate them? (like i said im currently testing with a small datset only and my real data are in oracle and they are not messed in nay way). What will happen to my catalog files if i do that?
Josh

If you can successfully drop those tables, then yes. Given that this is just a test database, if you have any issues doing that, I'd scrap the whole database.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888