> my understanding was that the lack of threading on OSX made it
> especially poor for a DB server

What you're referring to must be that the kernel was essentially
single-threaded, with a single "kernel-funnel" lock. (Because the OS
certainly supported threads, and it was certainly possible to write
highly-threaded applications, and I don't know of any performance problems
with threaded applications.)

This has been getting progressively better, with each release adding more
in-kernel concurrency. Which means that 10.5 probably obsoletes all prior
postgres benchmarks on OS X.

--
Scott Ribe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]